FITC Mouse IgG3, κ Isotype Control
Clone A112-3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name anti-KLH
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG3, κ
Flow cytometry, Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry), Immunohistochemistry (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen TNP-KLH
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A112-3 clone is specific for keyhole limpet hemocyanin, (KLH). TNP-KLH, the immunogen, is not expressed on human, mouse, or rat cells. In the absence of specific binding, this antibody may bind non-specifically to Fc receptors. The immunoglobulin from clone A112-3 was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Note: We recommend FITC mouse IgG3 ĸ isotype control (Cat. No 555578) for immunofluorescent staining of human whole blood and Cat. No. 556658 for non-human primate blood.