R718 Rat IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone R35-95 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Rat IgG2a kappa Isotype Control
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
Flow cytometry, Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Pooled Immunoglobulin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R35-95 hybridoma was generated by hybridization of Y3 myeloma cells with spleen cells from LOU rats immunized with mouse immunoglobulins. The R35-95 hybridoma produces rat IgG2a, κ immunoglobulin that has no measurable reactivity with mouse immunoglobulins. The R35-95 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background binding on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon Red 718, which has been developed exclusively for BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. BD Horizon Red 718 can be excited by the red laser (628 – 640 nm) and, with an Em Max around 718 nm, it can be detected using a 730/45 nm filter. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, we do not recommend using R718 in combination with APC-R700 or Alexa Fluor® 700.
BD Horizon™ Red 718 (R718) is a small molecule fluorochrome with an emission max near 718 nm. R718 can be used as an alternative for Alexa Fluor® 700 or APC-R700 on instruments equipped with a red laser (628 – 640 nm) and a 730/45 nm filter. R718 is a bright dye with low non-specific background staining. As such, R718 offers great resolving power on surface and intracellular markers. R718 enables the resolution of low expression markers without having to switch to a tandem dye (APC-R700), which can introduce residual emission and resulting SOV/spread into the APC channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, we do not recommend using R718 in combination with APC-R700 or Alexa Fluor® 700. R718 has been exclusively developed for BD Life Sciences.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unreacted dye was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: email@example.com.
BD™ CompBeads can be used as surrogates to assess fluorescence spillover (Compensation). When fluorochrome conjugated antibodies are bound to BD CompBeads, they have spectral properties very similar to cells. However, for some fluorochromes there can be small differences in spectral emissions compared to cells, resulting in spillover values that differ when compared to biological controls. It is strongly recommended that when using a reagent for the first time, users compare the spillover on cells and BD CompBead to ensure that BD CompBeads are appropriate for your specific cellular application.