PE-Cy™7 Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone SK7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3-epsilon; CD3E; Leu4; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon chain; T3E
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Thymocytes
- Workshop No. II T118; III T492
- Entrez Gene ID 916
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SK7 (Leu-4) monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the epsilon chain of the CD3 antigen/T-cell antigen receptor (TCR) complex. This complex is composed of at least six proteins that range in molecular weight from 20 to 30 kDa. The antigen recognized by CD3 antibodies is noncovalently associated with either α/β or γ/δ TCR (70 to 90 kDa). The CD3 antigen is present on 61% to 85% of normal peripheral blood lymphocytes 60% to 85% of thymocytes and on Purkinje cells in the cerebellum. The soluble form of this antibody has a mitogenic effect on most peripheral blood T lymphocytes, provided appropriate functional monocytes are present.
- Format PE-Cy™7
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 785 nm
PE-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines PE and a cyanine dye. PE-Cy7 conjugated reagents are as bright as PE conjugates. PE-Cy7 is particularly sensitive to photo-induced degradation, resulting in loss of fluorescence and changes in fluorescence spillover. Extreme caution must be taken to avoid light exposure and prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde fixative. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy7 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- PE-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by 488-nm light and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces maximally at 780 nm. PE-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher. Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in the efficiency of the fluorochrome energy transfer, differences in the residual emission from PE may be observed. Therefore, we recommend that individual compensation controls be performed for every PE-Cy7 conjugate. PE-Cy7 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light, and there is no significant overlap between PE-Cy7 and FITC emission spectra. When using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and Cy7, we recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.