FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD2
Clone RPA-2.10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LFA-2; LFA-3 receptor; SRBC; T-cell surface antigen T11/Leu-5; erythrocyte receptor
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Phytohemagglutinin-treated Lymphoblasts
- Workshop No. IV T085; VI 6T-078
- Entrez Gene ID 914
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RPA-2.10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD2 which is also known as Lymphocyte-function antigen-2 (LFA-2), LFA-3 receptor, Erythrocyte receptor, Sheep red blood cell (SRBC) receptor, or T-cell surface antigen T11/Leu-5. CD2 is a 50 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein. CD2 belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily of proteins along with its primary ligand, LFA-3 (CD58). It is expressed on the surface of ~80-90% of human peripheral blood lymphocytes, greater than 95% of thymocytes, all T lymphocytes that form E-rosettes, and a subset of NK cells. CD2 functions as an adhesion receptor that binds to CD58 resulting in the activation of CD2-positive T cells and NK cells and in the regulation of their cytolytic activities.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.