Biotin Mouse Anti-Human CD122
Clone Mik-β3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL2RB; IL-2Rβ; IL-2R subunit beta; IL-2RB; IL15RB; IL-2/15Rb; IL-2R p75
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human YTS Cell Line
- Workshop No. V C046
- Entrez Gene ID 3560
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Mik-β3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD122. CD122 is also known as IL-2/15Rβ because it is the shared p75 subunit (IL-12Rβ/IL-15Rβ) of heteromeric receptors for IL-2 and IL-15. CD122 is a 70-75 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on thymocytes, T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes, hematopoietic progenitor cells, fetal liver cells and stromal cells. The CD122 plays roles in the activation, differentiation and proliferation of various cell types including T cells, B cells and NK cells.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
This antibody has also been reported to precipitate from YTS cell lysates a 90,000 kDa complex (IL-2 + p75). This antibody has been reported not to block IL-2 binding to the β chain of the IL-2 receptor. Please note that these applications are not routinely tested at BD Biosciences.