FITC Hamster Anti-Mouse CD48
Clone HM48-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name BLAST; BLAST-1; BCM1; HM48-1; MEM-102; Sgp-60; SLAMF2
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, λ3
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse T lymphoma MBL-2
- Entrez Gene ID 12506
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HM48-1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD48 (previously known as BCM1 in mice, Blast-1 in human, and OX-45 in the rat), a GPI-anchored member of the Ig superfamily. It is widely distributed on leukocytes, but not on non-hematopoietic cells, and its ligands include CD2 (LFA-2) and CD244 (2B4 antigen). The HM48-1 mAb blocks binding of soluble CD2 to CD48-bearing cells, blocks the interaction of CD2 and CD244, inhibits spleen cell proliferative responses to mitogens, augments the proliferative response of spleen cells when cross-linked with anti-CD3e mAbs, and inhibits priming of CTL in vitro. In vivo administration of HM48-1 antibody can prolong survival of cardiac allografts, an effect which is greatly enhanced by the addition of anti-CD2 mAb 12-15. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen does not cross-react with rat leukocytes.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.