FITC Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6D
Clone 49-H4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus D; Thb; Thymocyte B-cell antigen; Ly-61
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2c, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen BALB/c mouse plasmacytoma MOPC-104E
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 49-H4 antibody specifically binds to the ThB antigen (Ly-6D), a 15-kDa GPI-anchored protein of the Ly-6 Multigene Family. ThB has been detected on cortical thymocytes, small sIg- Thy-1- and sIg+ lymphoid cells in the bone marrow, thymic medullary epithelial cells, all epidermal layers (except the stratum corneum), and on peripheral B lymphocytes (but not peripheral T lymphocytes). There is strain-to-strain variation in ThB antigen expression on splenic B cells. Strains with the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, DBA/2, SJL, SWR) stain more intensely with anti-ThB reagents than Ly-6.1 strains (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, NZB); B cells of Ly-6.1 and Ly-6.2 hybrids stain with intermediate intensity. The proportion of ThB+ B cells to thymocytes do not differ significantly among strains.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.