PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse Anti-Human IgM
Clone G20-127 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IGHM; MU; Ig mu chain C region; AGM1; VH
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Entrez Gene ID 3507
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
IgM is an important component in the first line of defense against foreign pathogens, but may also play a role in autoimmune diseases. IgM monomers consist of two light and two heavy chains. Unlike the heavy chain of an IgG antibody which contains 3 constant Ig domains, the µ heavy chain of IgM contains 4 constant Ig domains. Five IgM monomers complex with a small polypeptide (J-chain) to form pentameric IgM that can be found in human plasma. In an immune response, the binding of IgM to a cell surface antigen enables C1q to activate interactions with downstream components in the classical complement pathway. Mature B lymphocytes express IgM. The G20-127 monoclonal antibody binds to the heavy chain of human IgM. The G20-127 antibody is not thought to react with other immunoglobulin heavy chain isotypes.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.