Biotin Hamster Anti-Mouse CD28
Clone 37.51 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Syrian Hamster IgG2, λ1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse EL-4 (T-cell lymphoma) Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 12487
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 37.51 antibody reacts with CD28, which is expressed on most thymocytes, at low density on nearly all CD4+ and CD8+ peripheral T cells, and at even lower density on NK cells. The expression of CD28, in splenocytes and thymocytes, has been reported to increase after activation. CD28 transcripts are found in mast cells, and cell-surface expression of CD28 is induced upon maturation or activation of mast cells. It has been reported that CD28 is not expressed on some populations of intraepithelial T lymphocytes. CD28 is a costimulatory receptor; its ligands include CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2). The 37.51 mAb augments proliferation and cytokine production by activated T and NK cells and can provide a costimulatory signal for CTL induction. There is considerable evidence that CD28 is a costimulatory receptor involved in many, but not all, T cell-dependent immune responses.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Flow Cytometry: For flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that multicolor staining be performed to identify T lymphocytes and/or NK cells and that purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2 [Mouse BD Fc Block™] (Cat. No. 553141) be used. Since this antigen is expressed at low density on resting peripheral T lymphocytes, it is recommended that a "bright" second-step reagent, such as Streptavidin-PE (Cat. No. 554061), be used for flow cytometric staining of these cell populations.