Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD146
Clone P1H12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
ELISA, Immunoprecipitation, Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Reported)
- Immunogen Human Umbilical Vein Cells
- Workshop No. VIII
- Entrez Gene ID 4162
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The P1H12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD146. CD146 is a 118 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein also known as MCAM, MUC18, or Mel-CAM. CD146 is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily strongly expressed by blood vessel endothelium and smooth muscle. CD146 is also expressed by angioblasts, mesenchymal stem cells, melanoma cells, intermediate trophoblasts and a subpopulation of activated T cells. The P1H12 monoclonal antibody has been reported to block endothelial cell adhesion that is observed very early in embryogenesis. It can be useful in the study of embryologic vasculogenesis. This antibody is suitable for immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, immunoprecipitation and ELISA.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.