FITC Hamster Anti-Mouse TCR β Chain
Clone H57-597 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Tcrb; TCRbeta; TCRβ, T cell receptor beta chain
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Fluorescence microscopy (Reported)
- Immunogen TCR affinity-purified from mouse T-cell hybridoma DO-11.10
- Entrez Gene ID 21577
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The H57-597 antibody reacts with a common epitope of the β chain of the T-cell Receptor (TCR) complex on αβ TCR-expressing thymocytes, peripheral T lymphocytes, NK1.1+ thymocytes, and NK-T cells of all mouse strains tested. It does not react with γδ TCR-bearing T cells. In the fetal and adult thymus, the TCR β-chain may form homodimers or pair with the pre-TCR α-chain on the surface of immature thymocytes before TCR α-chain expression. Plate-bound or soluble H57-597 antibody activates αβ TCR-bearing T cells, and plate-bound mAb can induce apoptotic death.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
It has been observed that pre-incubation of thymus cell suspensions at 37°C for 2 to 4 hours prior to staining enhances the ability of anti-CD3e and anti-TCR β chain mAbs to detect the T cell receptor on immature thymocytes.