BV650 Mouse IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone MOPC-173 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
Isotype control, Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen None
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MOPC-173 antibody has unknown specificity. The transplantable plasmacytoma MOPC-173 was induced by intraperitoneal injection of mineral oils into BALB/c mice. In the absence of antigen-specific binding, this immunoglobulin may bind non-specifically to Fc receptors.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV650 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 650-nm. BD Horizon BV650 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect APC-like dyes (eg, 660/20-nm filter). Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there will be spillover into the APC and Alexa Fluor® 700 detectors. However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BV650 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 650 nm. Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there will be spillover into the APC and Alexa Fluor® 700 detectors. BV650 will have moderate spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV711 detector.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV650 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV650 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.