APC Mouse Anti-Human CD122
Clone Mik-β3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL2RB; IL-2Rβ; IL-2R subunit beta; IL-2RB; IL15RB; IL-2/15Rb; IL-2R p75
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human YTS Cell Line
- Workshop No. V C046
- Entrez Gene ID 3560
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Mik-β3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD122. CD122 is also known as IL-2/15Rβ because it is the shared p75 subunit (IL-12Rβ/IL-15Rβ) of heteromeric receptors for IL-2 and IL-15. CD122 is a 70-75 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on thymocytes, T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes, hematopoietic progenitor cells, fetal liver cells and stromal cells. The CD122 plays roles in the activation, differentiation and proliferation of various cell types including T cells, B cells and NK cells.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.