APC-Cy™7 Rat Anti-Mouse CD25
Clone PC61 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain; IL-2RA; IL-2Rα; Il2ra; IL-2R p55
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat OFA, also known as Outbred OFA IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent cytolytic mouse T-cell clone B6.1
- Entrez Gene ID 16184
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The PC61 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD25, the low-affinity IL-2 Receptor α chain (IL-2Rα, p55) expressed on activated T and B lymphocytes from all mouse strains tested. IL-2Rα by itself is not a signaling receptor. However, it can combine with IL-2 Receptor β (CD122) and γc (CD132) chains to form high-affinity, signaling receptor complexes for IL-2. Resting T and B lymphocytes and resting and activated NK cells do not express IL-2Rα. CD25 is transiently expressed at a low level during normal B-cell development in the bone marrow on the CD45R/B220low TdT- sIg- Pre-B/Pre-B-II and CD45R/B220low TdT- sIgM+ sIgD- immature B stages, but not on the CD45R/B220low TdT+ sIg- Pro-B/Pre-B-I stage nor on CD45R/B220high TdT- sIgM+ sIgD+ mature B cells. It is expressed at a higher level during a very early stage of T-cell development in fetal and adult thymus. Peripheral CD25+CD4+ lymphocytes called regulatory T (Treg) cells are involved in the maintenance of self-tolerance. It has also been reported that dendritic cells express CD25, recognized by mAb 7D4. The PC61 antibody recognizes an epitope of CD25 which is distinct from the IL-2 binding site and from those recognized by mAbs 3C7 and 7D4. It blocks binding of IL-2 to CD25, presumably by inducing a conformational change in CD25.
APC-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC and a cyanine dye (Cy7). Special precautions must be taken with APC-Cy7 conjugates, and cells stained with them, to protect the fluorochrome from long-term exposure to light. Some APC-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectra with prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with APC-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC-Cy7 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- APC-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of Allophycocyanin (APC), which is excited by laser lines between 595 and 647 nm and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 780 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in APC-Cy7, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from APC, and minimizing required electronic compensation in multilaser-laser flow cytometry systems. Note: Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-Cy7 conjugate.
- APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For detection of low-density CD25 expression, we recommend the use of the PE conjugate of PC61 antibody (Cat. No. 553866) or the biotin conjugate of the 7D4 antibody (Cat. No. 553069/553070) with a "bright" second-step reagent, such as Streptavidin-PE (Cat. No. 554061). Since applications vary , each investigator must determine dilutions appropriate for individual use.