V450 Mouse Anti-Human CD15
Clone HI98 (also known as HIM1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Lewis X; Le-X; X-Hapten; SSEA-1; 3-FAL
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Mononuclear Cells
- Workshop No. IV M141
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HI98 monoclonal antibody specifically reacts with 3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine (3-FAL), a 220 kDa carbohydrate structure, also called X-hapten, SSEA-1, CD15 or Lewis X. This structure is found on a variety of cell surface glycolipids and glycoproteins. 3-FAL is expressed on >95% of granulocytes, including neutrophils and eosinophils, and to a varying degree on monocytes, but not on lymphocytes or basophils. CD15 plays a role in mediating phagocytosis, bactericidal activity and chemotaxis. This antibody is also suitable for staining formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections without pretreatment. Since the Abs are recognizing a carbohydrate epitope (3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine) they also should work across species and not only for human.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.