Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD31
Clone 390 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule; Pecam1; PECAM-1; Pecam-1
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunohistochemistry-zinc-fixed (Tested During Development)
Immunoprecipitation, Blocking (Reported)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required), Western blot (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen C3H/HeJ mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell line 32D
- Entrez Gene ID 18613
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 390 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule). CD31 is a ~130 kDa integral membrane glycoprotein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates homophilic and heterophilic cell-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed constitutively on the surface of adult and embryonic endothelial cells and is weakly expressed on many peripheral leukocytes and platelets. It has also been detected on bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells and embryonic stem cells. CD31 is involved in the transendothelial emigration of neutrophils, and neutrophil PECAM-1 appears to be down-regulated after extravasation into inflamed tissues. Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms are detected during early post-implantation embryonic development; this alternative splicing is involved in regulation of ligand specificity. CD38 and vitronectin receptor (αvβ3 integrin, CD51/CD61) are proposed to be ligands for CD31. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis. The 390 mAb inhibits a variety of in vitro and in vivo functions mediated by CD31.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.