FITC Rat Anti-Mouse IgG1
Clone A85-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ighg1; Immunoglobulin heavy constant gamma 1; Igh-4
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Pooled Mouse IgG1
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A85-1 antibody reacts specifically with mouse IgG1 of Igh-Ca and Igh-Cb haplotypes. It does not react with other Ig isotypes. Detection of surface immunoglobulin on B lymphoma cells has been demonstrated with the A85-1 monoclonal antibody. A suspension of pooled mouse IgG1 was used as the source of immunogen.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
BD Pharmingen™ FITC Rat Anti-Mouse IgG1 antibody may be used as a primary or secondary reagent in immunofluorescent staining.
IMMUNOFLUORESCENT STAINING OF INTRACELLULAR IMMUNOGLOBULIN (Ig) PROTOCOL
1. Prepare a single-cell suspension and determine cell number.
2. Suspend cells in staining buffer (PBS + 2% FBS + 0.1% Sodium Azide) at 2 x 10^7 cells/ml and transfer to U-bottom microwell plates in 50 µl/well for immunofluorescent staining.
Note: The BD Pharmingen™ Stain Buffer with FBS (Cat. No. 554656) is effective for use as a staining buffer in this protocol.
3. Block Fcγ receptors by adding 0.2 µg of Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD16/CD32 (Mouse BD Fc Block™) (Cat. No. 553141/553142) in 50 µl of staining buffer to each well.
4. Incubate 5 minutes on ice.
5. Add 200 µl of staining buffer/well and resuspend cells. Centrifuge at 250 x g for 5 minutes and aspirate supernatant.
6. Block surface Ig with Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgG1(Cat. No. 553440) by adding 1.0 µg per sample in 50 µl of staining buffer/well.
Note: Surface markers may be stained during this step as described in the "Immunofluorescent Staining of Mouse and Rat Leukocytes for Flow Cytometry" in the Protocols section of our website under "Multicolor Flow" at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources.
7. Incubate 15 minutes on ice.
8. Wash 2x as described in Step 5.
9. Resuspend cells in 100 µl of BD Cytofix/Cytoperm™ intracellular staining buffer (BD Cytofix/Cytoperm™ Kit, Cat. No. 554714) per well.
10. Incubate 30 minutes at room temperature.
11. Wash 2x with 200 µl of 1x Perm/Wash buffer (provided in the BD Cytofix/Cytoperm Kit) per well. Centrifuge at 250 x g for 5 minutes and aspirate supernatant between washes.
12. Stain intracellular Ig by adding ≤1 µg of BD Pharmingen™ FITC Rat Anti-Mouse IgG1( Cat. No. 553443/562026) in 50 µl of 1 x Perm/Wash buffer/well.
Note: Other antibodies recommended for staining of intracellular markers may be added during this step as described in Step 12.
13. Incubate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
14. Wash 2x as described in Step 11.
15. Resuspend and transfer samples in 100 µl of staining buffer to tubes appropriate for analysis with a flow cytometer. Bring volume in each tube to 400 µl with staining buffer.
16. Analyze samples on a flow cytometer.