Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgG3
Clone R2-38 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Ig from BALB/c Mouse Plasmacytomas FLOPC 21 (IgG3, κ) and Y 5606 (IgG3, λ)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R2-38 antibody reacts specifically with mouse IgG3 of all strains. It does not react with other Ig isotypes nor does it react with IgG3 of M. spretus. Detection of surface immunoglobulin on B lymphoma cells has been demonstrated with R2-38 mAb.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
For the sandwich mouse IgG3 ELISA, R2-38 mAb is optimal for capture with biotin-conjugated anti-mouse IgG3 R40-82 mAb (Cat. No. 553401) for detection and Cat. No. 553486 as the standard. For flow cytometric detection of intracytoplasmic IgG3, we recommend FITC-conjugated mAb R40-82 (Cat. No. 553403).