Mouse IFN-γ (AN-18) ELISA Set(RUO)
The OptEIA™ Set for mouse interferon-γ (IFN-γ), utilizing the clone AN-18, contains the components necessary to develop enzymelinked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) for natural or recombinant mouse IFN-γ in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants. Sufficient materials are provided to yield approximately 20 plates of 96-wells if the recommended storage, materials, buffer preparation, and assay procedure are followed as specified in this package.
BD OptEIA™ Sets allow flexible assay design to fit individual laboratory needs. To design an immunoassay with different sensitivity and dynamic range, the following parameters can be varied: Capture, Detection Antibody titers, Incubation time, Incubation temperature, Assay Diluent formulation, Buffer pH, ionic strength, protein concentration, Type of substrate, Washing technique (i.e., number of wash repetitions and soak times).
Standardization: This immunoassay is calibrated against purified Baculovirus-expressed recombinant mouse IFN-γ.
Recommended buffers, solutions
Note: Do not use sodium azide in these preparations. Sodium azide inactivates the horseradish peroxidase enzyme.
The BD OptEIA™ Reagent Set B (Cat. No 550534) containing Coating Buffer, Assay Diluent, Substrate Reagents A and B, StopSolution and 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate is recommended.
1. Coating Buffer - 0.1 M Sodium Carbonate, pH 9.5; 7.13 g NaHCO3, 1.59 g Na2CO3; q.s. to 1.0 L; pH to 9.5 with 10 N NaOH.Freshly prepare or use within 7 days of preparation, stored at 2-8°C.
2. Assay Diluent- PBS* with 10% FBS#, pH 7.0. The BD Pharmingen™ Assay Diluent (Cat. No. 555213) is recommended.
*Phosphate-Buffered Saline: 80.0 g NaCl, 11.6 g Na2HPO4, 2.0 g KH2PO4, 2.0 g KCL, q.s. to 10 L; pH to 7.0.
#Fetal Bovine Serum: Hyclone Cat. No. SH30088 (heatinactivated) recommended.
Freshly prepare or use within 3 days of preparation, with 2-8°C storage.
3. Wash Buffer - PBS* with 0.05% Tween-20. Freshly prepare or use within 3 days of preparation, stored at 2-8°C.
4. Substrate Solution - Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) and Hydrogen Peroxide. The BD Pharmingen™ TMB Substrate Reagent Set (Cat. No. 555214) is recommended.
5. Stop Solution - 1 M H3PO4 or 2 N H2SO4
Additional Materials Required
1. 96-well BD Falcon™ ELISA plates (Cat. No. 353279) are recommended
2. Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
3. Precision pipettes
4. Graduated cylinder, one liter
5. Deionized or distilled water
6. Wash bottle or automated washer
7. Log-log graph paper or automated data reduction
8. Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
9. Laboratory timer
10. Plate sealers or parafilm
Specimen Collection and Handling: Specimens should be clear, non-hemolyzed and non-lipemic.
Cell culture supernatants: Remove any particulate material by centrifugation and assay immediately or store samples at ≤ -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Serum: Use a serum separator tube and allow samples to clot for 30 minutes, then centrifuge for 10 minutes at 1000 x g. Remove serum and assay mmediately or store samples at ≤ -20° C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Plasma: Collect plasma using citrate, EDTA, or heparin as anticoagulant. Centrifuge for 10 minutes at 1000 x g within 30 minutes of
collection. Assay immediately or store samples at ≤ -20° C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Standards Preparation and Handling
1. Reconstitution: After warming lyophilized standard to room temperature, carefully open vial to avoid loss of material. Reconstitute lyophilized standard with 1.0 mL of deionized water to yield a stock standard. Allow the standard to equilibrate for at least 15 minutes before making dilutions. Vortex gently to mix.
2. Storage/ handling of reconstituted standard: After reconstitution, immediately aliquot standard stock in polypropylene vials at 50 μl per vial and freeze at -80°C for up to 6 months. If necessary, store at 2-8° C for up to 8 hours prior to aliquotting/freezing. Do not leave reconstituted standard at room temperature.
3. Standards Preparation for Assay:
a. Prepare a 200 pg/mL standard from the stock standard. Vortex to mix. (See dilution instructions on Instruction/Analysis Certificate.)
b. Add 300 μL Assay Diluent to 6 tubes. Label as 100 pg/mL, 50 pg/mL, 25 pg/mL, 12.5 pg/mL, 6.3 pg/mL, and 3.1 pg/mL.
c. Perform serial dilutions by adding 300 μL of each standard to the next tube and vortexing between each transfer. Assay Diluent serves as the zero standard (0 pg/mL).
Working Detector Preparation
(Note: One-step incubation of Biotin/SAv reagents.) Add required volume of Detection Antibody to Assay Diluent. Within 15 minutes prior to use, add required quantity of Enzyme Reagent, vortex or mix well. For recommended dilutions, see lot-specific Instruction/Analysis Certificate. For a full 96-well plate, prepare 12 mL of Working Detector. Discard any remaining Working Detector after use.
Detailed Assay Procedure
1. Coat microwells with 100 μL per well of Capture Antibody diluted in Coating Buffer. For recommended antibody coating dilution, see lot-specific Instruction/Analysis Certificate. Seal plate and incubate overnight at 4° C.
2. Aspirate wells and wash 5 times with ≥ 300 μL/well Wash Buffer. After last wash, invert plate and blot on absorbent paper to remove any residual buffer.
3. Block plates with ≥ 200 μL/well Assay Diluent. Incubate at RT for 1 hour.
4. Aspirate/wash as in step 2.
5. Prepare standard and sample dilutions in Assay Diluent. See "Standards Preparation and Handling."
6. Pipette 100 μL of each standard, sample, and control into appropriate wells. Seal plate and incubate for 2 hours at RT.
7. Aspirate/ wash as in step 2.
8. Add 100 μL of Working Detector (Detection Antibody + SAv-HRP reagent) to each well. Seal plate and incubate for 1 hour at RT.
9. Aspirate/ wash as in step 2, but with 7 total washes. NOTE: In this final wash step, soak wells in wash buffer for 30 seconds to 1 minute for each wash.
10. Add 100 μL of Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate plate (without plate sealer) for 30 minutes at room temperature in the dark.
11. Add 50 μL of Stop Solution to each well.
12. Read absorbance at 450 nm within 30 minutes of stopping reaction. If wavelength correction is available, subtract absorbance at 570 nm from absorbance 450 nm.
Assay Procedure Summary
1. Add 100 μL diluted Capture Ab to each well. Incubate overnight at 4°C.
2. Aspirate and wash 5 times.
3. Block plates: 200 μL Assay Diluent to each well. Incubate 1 hr RT.
4. Aspirate and wash 5 times.
5. Add 100 μL standard or sample to each well. Incubate 2 hr RT.
6. Aspirate and wash 5 times.
7. Add 100 μL Working Detector (Detection Ab + SAv-HRP) to each well. Incubate 1 hr RT.
8. Aspirate and wash 7 times (with 30 sec to 1 min soaks).
9. Add 100 μL Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate 30 min RT in dark.
10. Add 50 μL Stop Solution to each well. Read at 450 nm within 30 min with λ correction 570 nm.
Calculation of Results
Calculate the mean absorbance for each set of duplicate standards, controls and samples. Subtract the mean zero standard absorbance from each.
Plot the standard curve on log-log graph paper, with IFN-γ concentration on the x-axis and absorbance on the y-axis. Draw the best fit curve through the standard points.
To determine the IFN-γ concentration of the unknowns, find the unknown's mean absorbance value on the y-axis and draw a horizontal line to the standard curve. At the point of intersection, draw a vertical line to the x-axis and read the IFN-γ concentration. If samples were diluted, multiply the IFN-γ concentration by the dilution factor.
Computer data reduction may also be employed, utilizing log-log regression analysis.
Cross Reactivity: The following factors were tested in the BD OptEIA™ assay at ≥ 50 ng/mL (except where noted) and no crossreactivity was identified.
Recombinant Human: IFN-γ
Recombinant Mouse: IL-1α, IL-1β, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6 (4 ng/mL), IL-7, IL-10, IL-12 (p70), TNF (5 ng/mL), TNFRII
Recombinant Pig: IFN-γ (10 ng/mL)
Recombinant Rat: IFN-γ (4 ng/mL)
Limitations of the Procedure
· Samples that generate absorbance values higher than the standard curve should be diluted with Standard Diluent and re-assayed.
· Interference by drug metabolites, soluble receptors, or other binding proteins in specimens has not been thoroughly investigated. The possibility
of interference cannot be excluded.
· BD OptEIA™ Sets are intended for use as an integral unit. Do not mix reagents from different Set batches. Reagents from other manufacturers
are not recommended for use in this Set.
- For online training for BD OptEIA™ Set ELISA Techniques, please refer to http://www.bdbiosciences.com/OptEIA/downloads.shtml
- Samples that generate absorbance values higher than the standard curve should be diluted with Standard Diluent and re-assayed.
- Interference by drug metabolites, soluble receptors, or other binding proteins in specimens has not been thoroughly investigated. The possibility of interference cannot be excluded.
- BD OptEIA™ Sets are intended for use as an integral unit. Do not mix reagents from different Set batches. Reagents from other manufacturers are not recommended for use in this Set.
- Reagents which contain preservatives may be toxic if ingested, inhaled, or in contact with skin.
- Handle all serum and plasma specimens in accordance with NCCLS guidelines for preventing transmission of blood-borne infections.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- ProClin is a trademark of Rohm and Haas Company.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
|Capture Antibody Purified Anti-Mouse IFN-γ||N/A||51-27601E||15978|
|Detection Antibody Biotin Anti-Mouse IFN-γ||N/A||51-27602E||15978|
|Recombinant Mouse IFN-γ Lyophilized Standard||N/A||51-27606E||15978|
|Enzyme Reagent Streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate (SAv-HRP)||N/A||51-9002813||N/A|
Abrams J. Immunoenzymetric assay of mouse and human cytokines using NIP-labeled anti-cytokine antibodies. Curr Protoc Immunol. 2001; 1:6.20-6.21. (Biology). 查看参考
Abrams JS, Roncarolo MG, Yssel H, Andersson U, Gleich GJ, Silver JE. Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples. Immunol Rev. 1992; 127:5-24. (Biology). 查看参考
Bancroft GJ, Schreiber RD, Bosma GC, Bosma MJ, Unanue ER. A T cell-independent mechanism of macrophage activation by interferon-gamma. J Immunol. 1987; 139(4):1104-1107. (Biology). 查看参考
Buchmeier NA, Schreiber RD. Requirement of endogenous interferon-gamma production for resolution of Listeria monocytogenes infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1985; 82(21):7404-7408. (Biology). 查看参考
Cherwinski HM, Schumacher JH, Brown KD, Mosmann TR. Two types of mouse helper T cell clone. III. Further differences in lymphokine synthesis between Th1 and Th2 clones revealed by RNA hybridization, functionally monospecific bioassays, and monoclonal antibodies. J Exp Med. 1987; 166(5):1229-1244. (Biology). 查看参考
Czerkinsky C, Andersson G, Ekre HP, Nilsson LA, Klareskog L, Ouchterlony O. Reverse ELISPOT assay for clonal analysis of cytokine production. I. Enumeration of gamma-interferon-secreting cells. J Immunol Methods. 1988; 110(1):29-36. (Biology). 查看参考
Czerkinsky CC, Nilsson LA, Nygren H, Ouchterlony O, Tarkowski A. A solid-phase enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT) assay for enumeration of specific antibody-secreting cells. J Immunol Methods. 1983; 65(1-2):109-121. (Biology). 查看参考
Farrar MA, Schreiber RD. The molecular cell biology of interferon-gamma and its receptor. Annu Rev Immunol. 1993; 11:571-611. (Biology). 查看参考
Ferrick DA, Schrenzel MD, Mulvania T, Hsieh B, Ferlin WG, Lepper H. Differential production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 in response to Th1- and Th2-stimulating pathogens by gamma delta T cells in vivo. Nature. 1995; 373(6511):255-257. (Biology). 查看参考
Fujihashi K, McGhee JR, Beagley KW, et al. Cytokine-specific ELISPOT assay. Single cell analysis of IL-2, IL-4 and IL-6 producing cells. J Immunol Methods. 1993; 160(2):181-189. (Biology). 查看参考
Gray PW, Goeddel DV. Cloning and expression of murine immune interferon cDNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983; 80(19):5842-5846. (Biology). 查看参考
Green JA, Yeh TJ, Overall JC. Rapid, quantitative, semiautomated assay for virus-induced and immune human interferons. J Clin Microbiol. 1980; 12(3):433-438. (Biology). 查看参考
Helms T, Boehm BO, Asaad RJ, Trezza RP, Lehmann PV, Tary-Lehmann M. Direct visualization of cytokine-producing recall antigen-specific CD4 memory T cells in healthy individuals and HIV patients. J Immunol. 2000; 164(7):3723-3732. (Biology). 查看参考
Hsieh B, Schrenzel MD, Mulvania T, Lepper HD, DiMolfetto-Landon L, Ferrick DA. In vivo cytokine production in murine listeriosis. Evidence for immunoregulation by gamma delta+ T cells. J Immunol. 1996; 156(1):232-237. (Biology). 查看参考
Leiby DA, Fortier AH, Crawford RM, Schreiber RD, Nacy CA. In vivo modulation of the murine immune response to Francisella tularensis LVS by administration of anticytokine antibodies. Infect Immun. 1992; 60(1):84-89. (Biology). 查看参考
Meager A. Characterization of interferons and immunoassays. In: Clemens MJ, Morris AG, Gearing AJH, ed. Lymphokines and Interferons. A Practical Approach. Oxford: IRL Press Ltd; 1987:105-127.
Mo XY, Sarawar SR, Doherty PC. Induction of cytokines in mice with parainfluenza pneumonia. J Virol. 1995; 69(2):1288-1291. (Biology). 查看参考
Prat M, Gribaudo G, Comoglio PM, Cavallo G, Landolfo S. Monoclonal antibodies against murine gamma interferon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984; 81(14):4515-4519. (Biology). 查看参考
Prussin C, Metcalfe DD. Detection of intracytoplasmic cytokine using flow cytometry and directly conjugated anti-cytokine antibodies. J Immunol Methods. 1995; 188(1):117-128. (Biology). 查看参考
Ronnblom L, Cederblad B, Sandberg K, Alm GV. Determination of herpes simplex virus-induced alpha interferon-secreting human blood leucocytes by a filter immuno-plaque assay. Scand J Immunol. 1988; 27(2):165-170. (Biology). 查看参考
Sadick MD, Heinzel FP, Holaday BJ, Pu RT, Dawkins RS, Locksley RM. Cure of murine leishmaniasis with anti-interleukin 4 monoclonal antibody. Evidence for a T cell-dependent, interferon gamma-independent mechanism. J Exp Med. 1990; 171(1):115-127. (Biology). 查看参考
Sander B, Hoiden I, Andersson U, Moller E, Abrams JS. Similar frequencies and kinetics of cytokine producing cells in murine peripheral blood and spleen. Cytokine detection by immunoassay and intracellular immunostaining. J Immunol Methods. 1993; 166(2):201-214. (Biology). 查看参考
Sarawar SR, Sangster M, Coffman RL, Doherty PC. Administration of anti-IFN-gamma antibody to beta 2-microglobulin-deficient mice delays influenza virus clearance but does not switch the response to a T helper cell 2 phenotype. J Immunol. 1994; 153(3):1246-1253. (Biology). 查看参考
Schreiber RD, Hicks LJ, Celada A, Buchmeier NA, Gray PW. Monoclonal antibodies to murine -interferon which differentially modulate macrophage activation and antiviral activity. J Immunol. 1985; 134(3):1609-1618. (Biology). 查看参考
Sedgwick JD, Holt PG. A solid-phase immunoenzymatic technique for the enumeration of specific antibody-secreting cells. J Immunol Methods. 1983; 57(1-3):301-309. (Biology). 查看参考
Slade SJ, Langhorne J. Production of interferon-gamma during infection of mice with Plasmodium chabaudi chabaudi. Immunobiology. 1989; 179(4-5):353-365. (Biology). 查看参考
Sopper S, Stahl-Hennig C, Demuth M, Johnston IC, Dorries R, ter Meulen V. Lymphocyte subsets and expression of differentiation markers in blood and lymphoid organs of rhesus monkeys. Cytometry. 1997; 29(4):351-362. (Biology). 查看参考
Spitalny GL, Havell EA. Monoclonal antibody to murine gamma interferon inhibits lymphokine-induced antiviral and macrophage tumoricidal activities. J Exp Med. 1984; 159(5):1560-1565. (Biology). 查看参考
Stevenson MM, Tam MF, Belosevic M, van der Meide PH, Podoba JE. Role of endogenous gamma interferon in host response to infection with blood-stage Plasmodium chabaudi AS. Infect Immun. 1990; 58(10):3225-3232. (Biology). 查看参考
Takahashi M, Ogasawara K, Takeda K, et al. LPS induces NK1.1+ alpha beta T cells with potent cytotoxicity in the liver of mice via production of IL-12 from Kupffer cells. J Immunol. 1996; 156(7):2436-2442. (Biology). 查看参考
Verdier F, Aujoulat M, Condevaux F, Descotes J. Determination of lymphocyte subsets and cytokine levels in cynomolgus monkeys. Toxicology. 1995; 105(1):81-90. (Biology). 查看参考
Vikingsson A, Pederson K, Muller D. Enumeration of IFN-gamma producing lymphocytes by flow cytometry and correlation with quantitative measurement of IFN-gamma. J Immunol Methods. 1994; 173(2):219-228. (Biology). 查看参考
Vogel S, Friedman R, Hogan M. Measurement of antiviral activity induced by interferons a, b, and g.. In: Coligan JE, Kruisbeek AM, Margulies DH, Shevach EM, Strober W, ed. Current Protocols in Immunology. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 2007:6.9.1-6.9.15.
Yang X, HayGlass KT. A simple, sensitive, dual mAb based ELISA for murine gamma interferon determination: comparison with two common bioassays. J Immunoassay. 1993; 14(3):129-148. (Biology). 查看参考
Please refer to Support Documents for Quality Certificates
Global - Refer to manufacturer's instructions for use and related User Manuals and Technical data sheets before using this products as described
Comparisons, where applicable, are made against older BD Technology, manual methods or are general performance claims. Comparisons are not made against non-BD technologies, unless otherwise noted.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.