BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD127
Clone HIL-7R-M21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL-7R; IL7R; IL7RA; IL-7Rα; IL-7R-alpha; Interleukin-7 Receptor alpha
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-7R Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 3575
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The hIL-7R-M21 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 60-90 kDa glycoprotein, CD127. CD127 is also known as the IL-7 receptor alpha (IL-7Rα) subunit. The IL-7 receptor complex is a heterodimer composed of CD127 and the common gamma chain (γc, CD132), shared by other cytokine receptors (IL-2R, IL-4R, IL-9R, IL-15R, and IL-21R). CD127 is expressed on thymocytes, T- and B-cell progenitors, mature T cells, and some lymphoid and myeloid cells. In vitro experiments show the expression of CD127 is down-regulated following T cell activation. Studies indicate that the IL-7 Receptor plays an important role in the proliferation and differentiation of mature T cells. Recently, it has been shown that low surface expression of CD127, in combination with intermediate to high surface expression of CD25, the α chain of the IL-2 receptor complex, can distinguish between human regulatory and conventional CD4+ T cells in human adult and cord blood, lymph nodes and thymus.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon\ Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349).