APC-Cy™7 Mouse Anti-Mouse CD45.1 Clone A20 (RUO)
- BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name
- Ly-5; Lyt4; CD45R; LCA; Ptprc; Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type C
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Mouse A.SW IgG2a, κ
- Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- SJL mouse thymocytes and splenocytes
- Entrez Gene ID
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
- 50 µg
- Catalog No.
- EA (1 Each)
The A20 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD45 (Leukocyte Common Antigen) on all leukocytes of mouse strains expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen (eg, RIII, SJL/J, STS/A, DA). This alloantigen was originally named Ly-5.2, but was later changed to Ly-5.1 to conform with the convention that the .2 alloantigen designates the C57BL/6 strain. mAb A20 has been reported not to react with leukocytes of most other mouse strains which express the CD45.2 alloantigen. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family; its intracellular (COOH-terminal) region contains two PTP catalytic domains while the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated A, B, and C, respectively), and differing levels of glycosylation. CD45 isoforms in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific. The CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction. The A20 antibody has been reported to inhibit some responses of B cells (from mice expressing the CD45.1 alloantigen) to antigens and LPS.
- Excitation Source
- Red 633 nm
- Excitation Max
- 650 nm
- Emission Max
- 785 nm
APC-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC and a cyanine dye (Cy7). Special precautions must be taken with APC-Cy7 conjugates, and cells stained with them, to protect the fluorochrome from long-term exposure to light. Some APC-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectra with prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|557751||APC-Cy™7 Mouse IgG2a, κ Isotype Control RUO||100 Tests||
|553141||Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD16/CD32 (Mouse BD Fc Block™) 2.4G2 RUO||0.1 mg||
|554656||Stain Buffer (FBS) RUO||500 mL||
|554657||Stain Buffer (BSA) RUO||500 mL||
Preparation and Storage
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- APC-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of Allophycocyanin (APC), which is excited by laser lines between 595 and 647 nm and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 780 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in APC-Cy7, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from APC, and minimizing required electronic compensation in multilaser-laser flow cytometry systems. Note: Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-Cy7 conjugate.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.