This page has been recently translated and is available in French now.
The BD® ELISPOT Assay is a powerful tool for detecting and analyzing individual cells that secrete a particular protein in vitro. BD® ELISPOT Reagents coupled with a high-throughput ELISPOT plate reader provide intuitive analysis of cytokines at the single-cell level.
- Provide direct analysis of frequency of cells producing cytokines and other effector molecules using an enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT) assay
- Offer greater sensitivity than ELISAs and intracellular staining
- Enable high-throughput analyses for direct ex vivo monitoring of T-cell function, including antigen-specific T cells
- Offer the flexibility to choose among several formats:
- BD® ELISPOT Kits—ready-to-use kits with precoated BD® ELISPOT Plates for human, nonhuman primate and mouse research
- BD® ELISPOT Reagent Sets—coat-it-yourself sets with sufficient capture antibody, detection antibody and streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase for 10 plates worth of assays (includes 10 uncoated plates)
- BD® ELISPOT Reagent Pairs–matched antibody pairs. Sufficient capture antibody and detection antibody for 5 plates
The BD® ELISPOT Assay is able to detect cytokine release at the single-cell level, allowing for direct determination of cytokine-producing cell frequencies
- Has been found to be more sensitive than ELISAs and intracellular staining. The sensitivity of the assay enables measurement of very low frequencies of cytokine-producing cells (for example, 1 in 300,000).
- Enables single-cell and high-throughput analyses for direct ex vivo monitoring of T-cell function, including antigen-specific T cells.
- Contains carefully screened reagents to ensure the generation of crisp, clearly defined immunospots. High-affinity BD Pharmingen™ NA/LE Capture Antibodies safeguard against nonspecific cellular activation.
- Has carefully selected detection antibodies, along with ready-to-use preparations of streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase, substrate and chromogen to produce optimal BD® ELISPOT Reagents.
An automated coating process for the BD® ELISPOT Plates helps to minimize inconsistency of results
BD Biosciences kits undergo strict quality control processes to ensure high-quality assay results with minimal well-to-well and plate-to-plate variation. The plates are coated with no azide/low endotoxin capture antibodies, are UV processed, and are tested and found negative for bacteria and fungi.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Information Sheets
- Product List
- Blocking the Plate
- Capture Antibody Preparation and Coating
- Getting Started
- Standard Preparation and Handling
- Standard and Sample Addition
- Stopping the Reaction and Reading the Plate
- TMB Substrate Preparation and Addition
- Troubleshooting: High Background
- Troubleshooting: Low/No Signal
- Troubleshooting: Poor Standard Curve
- Troubleshooting: Well-to-Well Precision
- Washing the Plates
- Working Detector Preparation
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
QuickTime is a trademark of Apple Inc. Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.