This page has been recently translated and is available in French now.
The BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer:
- Enables the simultaneous detection of up to 30 parameters and 28 colors
- Offers highly customizable options to meet your research priorities and can be configured to meet your needs today with room for growth tomorrow
- Harnesses the power of the full BD solution to reach deeper insights with state-of-the-art analyzers, a portfolio of bright dyes, specialized technical support and high-dimensional analysis tools
- Provides the flexibility to match your needs and budgets
Contact your local representative to discuss the ideal instrument to meet your needs.
Learn more from the BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer brochure.
The BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer improves sensitivity to enable you to identify and analyze rare cell types and events.
The instrument features an ultra-quiet VPX electronics system that supports up to 30 high-performance detectors.
The capabilities of this platform technology uniquely allow you to conduct deep and broad phenotyping and gain richer scientific insights by fully leveraging the broad portfolio of catalog and custom BD Horizon Brilliant™ Reagents.
The BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer allows you to configure up to 5 lasers and provides the flexibility to implement new lasers and detectors later with field upgrades
- Select up to five lasers for optimization of your research needs
- Configure your instrument using traditional or unique wavelengths and power ratings
- Photomultiplier tubes (PMTs) in decagon arrays with up to 10 detectors per laser line
- Filter sets exchangeable for traditional fluorescent markers as well as specialized sets for unique dyes or proteins
The BD® High Throughput Sampler (HTS) and BD FACSFlow™ Supply System (FFSS) options are available for increased efficiency
The HTS option:
- Automates and accelerates sample acquisition
- Compatible with 96- and 384-well plates
- <0.5% sample carryover in high-throughput mode
The FFSS option:
- Increases capacity and ease of use while maintaining a stable fluidics pressure
- Reduces daily maintenance by incorporating a 20-L BD FACSFlow™ Cubitainer
As a Special Order Research Product (SORP), the BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer offers a choice of lasers from 26 different laser wavelengths to optimally configure your instrument for your specific research application.
For most lasers, multiple power ratings can be adjusted, stored and recalled using the digital laser command and control functionality are available.
Dependent on the laser, power settings from 20–1,000 mW may be available.
Fluorochrome availability and excitation characteristics across various wavelengths should be discussed during the configuration process to identify the best optical options for your research.
Common lasers used
|Laser||Wavelength (nm)||Power (mW)|
The BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer works with conventional and BD Horizon Brilliant™ Fluorochromes to expand experimental design and help accelerate time to insight
Enable on-site training and instrument characterization with CD4 fluorochrome evaluation kits
Each BD fluorochrome optimized for flow cytometry has been conjugated to anti-human or mouse CD4 and is provided for PMT voltrations and instrument characterization. Higher-parameter configurations may also include custom fluorochromes suitable for additional channels. Mid- and low-expressed antigen specificities are available on a custom basis.
Representative PMTV titration and measured stain index of PBMCs stained with clone SK3 mouse anti-human CD4 acquired at varying PMTVs in 25 V increments. Stain index and resolution for this detector is nearing maximal at a PMTV of 425 V and above as indicated by the square.
Reduce cost and risk of optimizing new high-parameter panels
Speak with your representative about including reagents as part of your instrument purchase to enable you to minimize the cost and risk of optimizing new high-parameter panels on your BD FACSymphony™ Cell Analyzer.
Our high-parameter specialists will work with you to identify the optimal panel for your experimental design and instrument configuration and provide the reagents needed to get to the final rendition of your panel.
The BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer and FlowJo™ v10 Software enable high-dimensional data analysis
Useful tools for high-dimensional visualization and analysis of BD FACSymphony™ Cell Analyzer data include t-SNE, OptSNE, UMAP, TriMAP and EmbedSOM.
Keep up to date on the latest plugins at FlowJo Exchange.
Human PBMCs from 15 normal donors were stained with a 25-color immunophenotyping panel and acquired on three similarly configured BD FACSymphony™ A5 Cell Analyzers. Unsupervised nonlinear dimensionality reduction algorithms from FlowJo™ v10 Software were employed to visualize these data sets.
BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer
A customizable flow cytometer that provides high-parameter analysis in a smaller footprint.
- Data Sheet
- Job Aid
- Technical Specifications and Guides
- Configuration Guide
Request a Quote on a BD FACSymphony™ A3 Cell Analyzer
Please fill in the following information and we will get in touch with you regarding your query.
Class 1 Laser Product.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Note: For specificities not yet available in the catalog or through BD Optibuild™ Custom Reagents, high-parameter users have access to a small-scale custom conjugation program for BD Horizon Brilliant™ Dyes, including early access to the high-parameter dye menu.
Alexa Fluor is a trademark of Life Technologies Corporation. CF is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
Cy is a trademark of Global Life Sciences Solutions Germany GmbH or an affiliate doing business as Cytiva.