PerCP-Cy™5.5 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD3e
Clone 145-2C11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3; CD3 epsilon; Cd3e; CD3ε; T3e
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen H-2Kb specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte clone BM10-37
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 145-2C11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 25-kDa ε chain of the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex that is expressed on thymocytes, mature T lymphocytes, and NK-T cells. The cytoplasmic domain of CD3e participates in the signal transduction events that activate several cellular biochemical pathways as a result of antigen recognition. Soluble 145-2C11 antibody can activate either unprimed (naive) or primed (memory/preactivated) T cells in vivo or in vitro, in the presence of Fc receptor-bearing accessory cells. In contrast, plate-bound 145-2C11 can activate T cells in the absence of accessory cells. Soluble 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to induce re-directed lysis of Fc receptor-bearing target cells by CTL clones and can also block lysis of specific target cells by antigen-specific CTL's. Under some conditions, T-cell activation by 145-2C11 antibody has been reported to result in apoptotic cell death. The 145-2C11 antibody does not cross-react with rat leukocytes. Preincubation of thymus cell suspensions at 37°C for 2-4 hours prior to staining reportedly enhances the ability of anti-CD3ε and anti-αβ TCR mAbs to detect the T-cell receptor on immature thymocytes.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.