- Brand BD Pharmingen™
ELISA (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ProClin™ 150 as preservative.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Streptavidin is a non-glycosylated protein that is prepared chromatographically from the bacterium Streptomyces avidinii. Streptavidin
homotetramers have a particularly high, non-covalent binding affinity for biotin. When conjugated with fluorochromes, streptavidin has been
widely used with biotin-conjugated antibodies and other biotinylated specific-binding molecules (eg, recombinant proteins and lectins) to stain
cells and tissues for subsequent multiparameter analysis by flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy and imaging. Likewise, when conjugated
with an enzyme (eg, Horseradish Peroxidase or Alkaline Phosphatase) and coupled with a colorimetric or luminescent substrate development
system, streptavidin has found widespread use along with biotinylated antibodies in a number of applications including Western blot, ELISA,
ELISPOT, immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
Streptavidin was conjugated with dye under optimum conditions, and unconjugated Streptavidin and free dye were removed
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Hazardous Ingredient: ProClin™ 150. Avoid exposure to skin and eyes and ingestion. Wash exposed skin with soap and water. Flush eyes with water.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- ProClin is a trademark of Rohm and Haas Company.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
Streptavidin HRP is a useful second-step reagent for labeling a biotinylated primary antibody for detection by ELISA (with an appropriate substrate system). Investigators are encouraged to titrate this reagent, with a suggested starting dilution of 1:1000.
Warning: Streptavidin HRP contains 0.004% (w/w) of a CMIT/MIT mixture (3:1), which is a mixture of: 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one [EC No 247-500-7] and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one [EC No 220-239-6] (3:1).
May cause an allergic skin reaction.
Wear protective gloves / eye protection.
Wear protective clothing.
Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray.
If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water.
Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.