PerCP Rat IgG2b, κ Isotype Control
Clone A95-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2b, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen TNP-Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A95-1 antibody has unknown specificity. Trinitrophenal (TNP), the immunogen, is a hapten that is not expressed on human, mouse, rat, or non-human primate cells. The A95-1 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
PerCP is a component of the photosynthetic apparatus found in the dinoflagellate Glenodinium. PerCP is a protein complex with a molecular weight of approximately 35 kDa. Due to its photobleaching characteristics, PerCP conjugates are not recommended for use on flow cytometers with high-power lasers (>25 mW).
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP were removed. Storage of PerCP conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- PerCP is a photosynthetic accessory pigment from Glenodinium species of dinoflagellates, which is excited by the 488-nm light of an Argon ion laser and fluoresces at 675 nm. Therefore, PerCP-labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in most single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP fluorescence with that of FITC or R-PE. PerCP has been reported to undergo significant photobleaching, the magnitude of which increases as laser power is increased or beam focus is narrowed. For third-color flow¬cytometric analysis using ≥25-mW laser power, we recommend PE-Cy5-, PE-Cy7–, or PerCP-Cy5.5-conjugated reagents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 1 µg/million cells for flow cytometry).
For tandem conjugates incorporating PerCP (e.g., PerCP-Cy5.5), the excitation and emission properties of PerCP and the kinetics of energy exchange between the fluorochromes of the tandem dye may limit their effectiveness on high-speed and/or sorting flow cytometers.