PerCP-Cy™5.5 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6G and Ly-6C
Clone RB6-8C5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly6c, Lymphocyte antigen 6C2; Lymphocyte antigen 6G, Ly6g, Gr-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Not Reported
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RB6-8C5 monoclonal antibody recognizes a common epitope on Ly-6G and Ly-6C, previously known as the myeloid differentiation antigen Gr-1. In the bone marrow, the level of antigen expression is directly correlated with granulocyte differentiation and maturation. The antigen is also expressed on the monocyte lineage in the bone marrow, but not on erythroid cells. In the periphery, RB6-8C5 antibody recognizes granulocytes (neutrophils and eosinophils) and monocytes. The RB6-8C5 antibody is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic cell lineages. The 1A8 antibody (Cat. No. 551461) specifically recognizes Ly-6G, but not Ly-6C.
Based on comparison of the staining patterns given by 1A8 versus RB6-8C5 antibodies on total blood leucocytes, it is evident that the 1A8 antibody stains the RB6-8C5-bright population, corresponding to Ly-6G-expressing granulocytes; whereas, the RB6-8C5-dim population is 1A8-negative and corresponds to Ly-6C-expressing lymphocytes and monocytes. Please refer to the Technical Data Sheets for Cat. No. 551459 and 553128 for more detailed information.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.