APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse Siglec-F
Clone E50-2440 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Siglecf; Siglec5; sialic acid binding Ig-like lectin 5; SIGL5; Siglec-5
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Siglec-F and human IgG Fc recombinant fusion protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The E50-2440 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes Siglec-F. Siglecs are the sialic acid-binding immunoglobulin superfamily lectins defined in the human, each of which has a distinctive expression pattern in the hematopoietic system and at least some of which are known to mediate cell-cell interactions. Orthologous proteins of human Siglec-1 (Sialoadhesin or CD169), Siglec-2 (CD22), and Siglec-4 (myelin-associated glycoprotein) have been characterized in the mouse. Human Siglec-3 (CD33) and Siglecs-5 through -10 are encoded by a cluster of closely related genes, and each has two cytoplasmic ITIM (Immunoreceptor Tyrosine-based Inhibitory Motifs). Similarly, mouse Siglec-F is encoded by the Siglecf gene in a syntenic cluster in the mouse, and the protein has sialic acid-binding activity and an intracytoplasmic ITIM. Its expression pattern differs from those of the human Siglec-3-related proteins in that it is found on immature cells of the myelomonocytic lineage, with reduced expression on mature neutrophils and monocytes, and not on lymphoid cells. It has been proposed that mAb E50-2440 may be used for identification of immature myelomonocytic cells in the mouse.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.