BV421 Mouse Anti-Human Podoplanin Clone LpMab-17 (RUO)
- BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name
- PDPN; T1-alpha (T1A); GP36; GP40; OTS8; T1A2; TI1A; T1A-2; AGGRUS; PA2.26
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
- Human PDPN Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer
- Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- RUO (GMP)
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Although not required, these products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General Purpose Reagent
- For In Vitro Diagnostic Use.
- Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
Regulatory Status Legend
Any use of products other than the permitted use without the express written authorization of Becton, Dickinson and Company is strictly prohibited.
- 50 µg
- Catalog No.
- List Price
- Your Price
- EA (1 Each)
The LpMab-17 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes human podoplanin which is encoded by PDPN. Podoplanin is a 38-44 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein. This heavily glycosylated mucin type protein is named for its expression on kidney glomerular epithelial cells known as podocytes. It is also expressed on a wide variety of cell types, including intestinal and thymic epithelial cells, alveolar type I cells, fibroblastic reticular cells, lymphatic endothelial cells, osteoblasts, and Th17 cells. Its expression is upregulated in some tumors. Podoplanin induces platelet aggregation via its three platelet aggregation-stimulating (PLAG) domains; it binds C-type lectin domain family 1 member B (Clec1B, also known as CLEC2); and it is involved in actin cytoskeleton organization and in cellular adhesion and migration. It also plays roles in organogenesis, vascular development, inflammatory diseases, tumorigenesis, and cancer cell motility and metastasis.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
- Excitation Source
- Violet 405 nm
- Excitation Max
- 407 nm
- Emission Max
- 421 nm
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|554656||Stain Buffer (FBS) RUO||500 mL||
|554657||Stain Buffer (BSA) RUO||500 mL||
|562438||BV421 Mouse IgG1, k Isotype Control RUO||50 µg||
|564902||DRAQ5™ RUO||200 µL||
|564903||DRAQ5™ RUO||50 µL||
|563794||Brilliant Stain Buffer RUO||100 Tests||
|566385||Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus RUO||1000 Tests||
|566349||Brilliant Stain Buffer RUO||1000 Tests||
Preparation and Storage
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- DRAQ5™ is a registered trademark of BioStatus Ltd.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD Optibuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).
NEW SHOPPING LIST