BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse IL-4
Clone 11B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL4: Interleukin-4; BSF-1; B-cell growth factor 1; BCGF-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Partially Purified Mouse IL-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a pleiotropic cytokine that has many roles, such as inducing the differentiation of naïve helper T cells (Th0 cells) to Th2 cells, stimulating activated B-cell and T-cell proliferation, and promoting immunoglobulin class switching to IgG1 and IgE in mouse B-cells. IL-4 is expressed by CD4 T-cells, mast cells, basophils and eosinophils. IL-4 was previously known as B-Cell Differentiation Factor (BCDF) or B-cell Stimulatory Factor (BSF1). The 11B11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse IL-4. The immunogen used to generate the 11B11 hybridoma was partially purified mouse IL-4 prepared from the supernatant of Phorbol 12-Myristate 13-Acetate (PMA)-stimulated EL-4 cells. The 11B11 antibody is reportedly a neutralizing antibody.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.