APC Rat Anti-Mouse IL-4
Clone 11B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Partially Purified Mouse IL-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a pleiotropic cytokine that has many roles, such as inducing the differentiation of naïve helper T cells (Th0 cells) to Th2 cells, stimulating activated B-cell and T-cell proliferation, and promoting immunoglobulin class switching to IgG1 and IgE in mouse B-cells. IL-4 is expressed by CD4 T-cells, mast cells, basophils and eosinophils. IL-4 was previously known as B-Cell Differentiation Factor (BCDF) or B-cell Stimulatory Factor (BSF1). The 11B11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse IL-4. The immunogen used to generate the 11B11 hybridoma was partially purified mouse IL-4 prepared from the supernatant of Phorbol 12-Myristate 13-Acetate (PMA)-stimulated EL-4 cells. The 11B11 antibody is reportedly a neutralizing antibody.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The APC- conjugated 11B11 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IL-4 producing cells within mixed cell populations. The use of an isotype control, such as rat IgG1 isotype control, APC-R3-34 (Cat. 554686) is recommended. For specific methodology, please visit our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com, and go to the Technical Resources/protocols section or the chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook.