APC Rat Anti-Mouse IL-2
Clone JES6-5H4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse IL-2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JES6-5H4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to mouse interleukin-2 (IL-2), a multifunctional cytokine that plays pivotal roles in immunity and tolerance. It is produced by activated T cells and affects the activation, growth, proliferation and/or differentiation of various cell types including T and B lymphocytes and their precursors, LAK cells, NK cells, and monocytes/macrophages. IL-2 mediates its biological activities by binding to IL-2 receptor complexes. The intermediate affinity IL-2R is comprised of IL-2Rβ (CD122) and common gamma chain (γc; CD132) subunits, whereas the high-affinity IL-2R is comprised of IL-2Rα (CD25), IL-2Rβ, and γc subunits. The JES6-5H4 monoclonal antibody binds to IL-2 and neutralizes its biological activity.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Use of these products to measure activation antigens expressed on mononuclear cell subsets for the purpose of monitoring immunoregulatory status can fall under one or more claims of the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,445,939, 5,656,446, 5,843,689; European Patent No. 319,543; Canadian Patent No. 1,296,622; Australian Patent No. 615,880; and Japanese Patent No. 2,769,156.
Immunofluorescent Staining for Flow Cytometric Analysis: The APC JES6-5H4 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify and enumerate IL-2 producing cells within mixed cell populations. For optimal immunofluorescent staining for flow cytometric analysis, the anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated. For specific methodology, visit the protocols section of our website, www.bdbiosciences.com. A useful control for demonstrating specificity of staining is either of the following: 1) pre-block the APC-conjugated JES6-5H4 antibody with ligand (e.g., recombinant mouse IL-2, Cat No. 550069) prior to staining, or 2) pre-block the fixed/permeabilized cells with unlabeled JES6-5H4 antibody (Cat. No. 554425) prior to staining. The staining technique and blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe.
A suitable rat IgG2b isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponin-permeabilized mouse cells is APC A95-1(Cat. No. 556924); use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest.