APC Mouse Anti-Human CD38
Clone HIT2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. III T155
- Entrez Gene ID 952
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIT2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD38. The CD38 antigen is also known as T10, ADP-ribosyl cyclase 1, and cyclic ADP ribose hydrolase 1. CD38 is a 45 kDa type II single-chain transmembrane glycoprotein present on thymocytes, activated T cells and terminally differentiated B cells (plasma cells). CD38 is expressed by other cells including monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, myeloid and erythroid precursors and some epithelial cells. The CD38 antigen acts as an ectoenzyme that catalyzes the synthesis and hydrolysis of a Ca++ mobilizing agent, cyclic ADP-ribose. This intracellular calcium plays an important role in cell signaling pathways leading to cellular growth, apoptosis, and differentiation. CD38 binds to CD31 and thus plays a role in lymphocyte adhesion to endothelial cells.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.