PE Mouse anti-Human TRA-1-60 Antigen
Clone TRA-1-60 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TRA-1-60(R)
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Embryonal Carcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TRA-1-60 monoclonal antibody reacts with the neuraminidase-resistant form of a pluripotent-stem-cell-specific epitope on a high-molecular-weight transmembrane glycoprotein. The TRA-1-60 antigen is a sialylated epitope on the same keratan sulfate core molecule, podocalyxin, as 4 other distinct antigens on tumor-derived cell lines, TRA-1-81, GCTM2, K4, and K21. The expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. The antigen is found on teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC), embryonic inner cell mass (but not morula or trophoblast), and embryonic stem (ES) cells. TRA-1-60 antigen is released into the serum of patients bearing testicular tumors containing EC cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, expression of TRA-1-60 antigen is lost. Expression of TRA-1-60 antigen has also been observed on a rhesus monkey ES cell line (Thomson et al, 1995).
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.