APC Mouse Anti-Human CD2
Clone RPA-2.10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LFA-2; LFA-3 receptor; SRBC; T-cell surface antigen T11/Leu-5; erythrocyte receptor
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Phytohemagglutinin-treated Lymphoblasts
- Workshop No. IV T085; VI 6T-078
- Entrez Gene ID 914
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RPA-2.10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD2 which is also known as Lymphocyte-function antigen-2 (LFA-2), LFA-3 receptor, Erythrocyte receptor, Sheep red blood cell (SRBC) receptor, or T-cell surface antigen T11/Leu-5. CD2 is a 50 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein. CD2 belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily of proteins along with its primary ligand, LFA-3 (CD58). It is expressed on the surface of ~80-90% of human peripheral blood lymphocytes, greater than 95% of thymocytes, all T lymphocytes that form E-rosettes, and a subset of NK cells. CD2 functions as an adhesion receptor that binds to CD58 resulting in the activation of CD2-positive T cells and NK cells and in the regulation of their cytolytic activities.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.