V500 Rat Anti-Mouse CD45
Clone 30-F11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Ptprc; LCA; Leukocyte common antigen; T200; Ly-5; Lyt-4
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymus / Spleen
- Entrez Gene ID 19264
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 30-F11 clone has been reported to react with all isoforms and both alloantigens of CD45, which is found on hematopoietic stem cells and all cells of hematopoietic origin, except erythrocytes. CD45 is a transmembrane glycoprotein which is expressed at high levels on the cell surface, and its presence distinguishes leukocytes from non-hematopoietic cells. CD45 is a member of the Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase (PTP) family, where the intracellular carboxy-terminal region contains two PTP catalytic domains, and the extracellular region is highly variable due to alternative splicing of exons 4, 5, and 6 (designated as A, B, and C, respectively). CD45 isoforms play complex roles in T-cell and B-cell antigen receptor signal transduction and the CD45 isoforms detected in the mouse are cell type-, maturation-, and activation state-specific.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V500, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is
available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser with an Ex max of 415 nm and Em Max at 500 nm. BD Horizon V500 conjugates emit at a similar wavelength to Amcyan yet exhibit reduced spillover into the FITC channel. For more information on BD Horizon V500, visit bdbiosciences.com/colors.
When compensating dyes in this spectral range (such as Horizon™ V500 and AmCyan), the most accurate compensation can be obtained using single stained cellular controls. Due to spectral differences between cells and beads in this channel, using BD CompBeads can result in spillover errors for V500 and AmCyan reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different V500 reagents (e.g. CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
BD Horizon™ V500 is a novel organic dye excited by the violet laser. This dye offers improved brightness over Pacific Orange™ and reduced spillover into the FITC channel when compared to AmCyan. BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously with AmCyan or Pacific Orange™.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V500 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V500 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- BD Horizon V500 has a maximum absorption of 415 nm and maximum emission of 500 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon V500 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,431,416.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.