Biotin Rat Anti-Mouse CD31
Clone MEC 13.3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name EndoCAM; GPIIA; PECA1; PECAM1; Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-paraffin (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen 129/Sv mouse-derived endothelioma cell line tEnd.1
- Entrez Gene ID 18613
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEC13.3 antibody specifically recognizes CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1). CD31 is a 130 kDa integral membrane protein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates cell-to-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed constitutively on the surface of adult and embryonic endothelial cells and is also expressed on many peripheral leukocytes and platelets. It has also been detected on bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells and embryonic stem cells. CD31 is involved in the transendothelial emigration of neutrophils, and neutrophil PECAM-1 appears to be down-regulated after extravasation into inflamed tissues. Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms are detected during early post-implantation embryonic development; this alternative splicing is involved in the regulation of ligand specificity. CD38 and vitronectin receptor (αvβ3 integrin, CD51/CD61) are proposed to be ligands for CD31. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis. The MEC13.3 mAb inhibits a variety of in vitro and in vivo functions mediated by CD31.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with biotin under optimum conditions, and unreacted biotin was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
For IHC, we recommend the use of purified MEC13.3 mAb in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry, Cat. No. 550274.