V450 Rabbit Anti-Active Caspase-3
Clone C92-605 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CPP32; Yama; Apopain
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rabbit IgG
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Predicted)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Active Caspase-3 Fragment
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The caspase family of cysteine proteases plays a key role in apoptosis and inflammation. Caspase-3 is a key protease that is activated during the early stages of apoptosis and, like other members of the caspase family, is synthesized as an inactive pro-enzyme that is processed in cells undergoing apoptosis by self-proteolysis and/or cleavage by another protease. The processed forms of caspases consist of large (17-22 kDa) and small (10-12 kDa) subunits which associate to form an active enzyme. Active caspase-3, a marker for cells undergoing apoptosis, consists of a heterodimer of 17 and 12 kDa subunits which is derived from the 32 kDa pro-enzyme. Active caspase-3 proteolytically cleaves and activates other caspases, as well as relevant targets in the cytoplasm, e.g., D4-GDI and Bcl-2, and in the nucleus (e.g. PARP). This antibody has been reported to specifically recognize the active form of caspase-3 in human and mouse cells. It has not been reported to recognize the pro-enzyme form of caspase-3.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.