FITC Hamster Anti-Mouse CD40
Clone HM40-3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Rat (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen (BALB/c x NZB) F1 Mouse-derived Lymphoma WEHI-231
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HM40-3 antibody reacts with CD40, a 40-50-kDa glycoprotein expressed on B lymphocytes and other antigen-presenting cells. The CD40 molecule has a central role in B-cell growth and differentiation. Furthermore, interactions of CD40 with its ligand, CD154, are involved in the initiation and effector stages of cell-mediated immune responses. CD40 may be involved in the triggering of NK cells and NK-T cells. Soluble HM40-3 antibody stimulates splenic and peritoneal B cells to proliferate in vitro. This antibody also induces spleen B cells to express the costimulatory molecules CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2). HM40-3 mAb has been demonstrated to inhibit the binding of soluble CD154 (gp39, CD40 Ligand) to soluble CD40 and to cell-surface CD40. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen has been observed to cross-react with similar populations of Lewis, Sprague-Dawley, and LOU16 rat leukocytes.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Note: This product may appear to contain aggregation and/or precipitation of the IgM antibody. Investigators are advised to briefly spin down any particulate matter.