Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD34
Clone 581 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name gp105-120; My10; Hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen CD34
- Concentration 250 µg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Tested During Development)
- Workshop No. V MA27, VI E004
- Entrez Gene ID 947
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, goat serum, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 581 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD34, a sialomucin-like type I transmembrane glycoprotein. This single-chain, 105-120 kDa, heavily O-glycosylated protein is expressed on hematopoietic progenitor cells, vascular endothelium, bone marrow stromal cells and embryonic fibroblasts. The cytoplasmic region of the CD34 antigen is a target for phosphorylation by activated protein kinase C suggesting CD34 may play a role in signal transduction. CD34 may also play a role as an adhesion molecule since it binds to CD62E and CD62L. Clone 581 binds to the class III CD34 epitope, it is resistant to neuraminidase, chymopapain and glycoprotease. The 581 antibody blocks reactivity of another anti-CD34 monoclonal antibody, 8G12.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- This antibody has been developed for the immunohistochemistry application. However, a routine immunohistochemistry test is not performed on every lot. Researchers are encouraged to titrate the reagent for optimal performance.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Immunohistochemistry: For optimal indirect immunohistochemical staining, investigators are encouraged to titrate the Mouse Anti-Human CD34 antibody (clone 581) (suggested starting dilution of 1:10 to 1:50) and visualize staining via a three-step staining procedure in combination with a Biotin Goat Anti-Mouse Ig (Cat. No. 550337) as the secondary antibody and Streptavidin-HRP (Cat. No. 550946) using a DAB detection system (Cat. No. 550880). Alternatively, investigators may want to consider using the Anti-Mouse Ig HRP Detection Kit (Cat. No. 551011), which contains the biotinylated secondary antibody, antibody diluent, Streptavidin-HRP and DAB substrate.