PE Mouse anti-Human CD52
Clone 4C8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cambridge pathology 1 Ag; CAMPATH-1; Epididymal secretory protein E5; HE5
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG3, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human T Lymphocytes
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 4C8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD52 which is also known as Cambridge pathology 1 antigen (CAMPATH-1) or Human epididymis-specific protein 5 (HE5). CD52 is a highly N-glycosylated, 25-29 kDa protein whose C-terminus is glycophosphatidylinositol anchored in the membrane. It is highly expressed on the surface of thymocytes and mature lymphocytes but not on their stem cell precursors. It is also expressed on monocytes, dendritic cells, eosinophils and epithelial cells of the epididymis and seminal vesicles but not on neutrophils, plasma cells, platelets or erythrocytes. Although its functional role is not well characterized, the CD52 antigen serves as an exquisitely sensitive target antigen for antibody and complement-mediated lysis of CD52-positive cells. Anti-CD52 antibodies are being used clinically to remove lymphocytes from transplanted bone marrow cell preparations and in the treatment of some malignant diseases.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.