APC Mouse Anti-Human CD79b
Clone CB3-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ig-beta; IGB; B29
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified CD79αβ from Ramos B Cell Line
- Workshop No. VI CD79.1
- Entrez Gene ID 974
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Immunoglobulin (Ig) antigen receptors are composed of a non-covalently-associated complex of Ig and two other proteins, Igá and Igβ, which have been designated in the Fifth International Leukocyte Workshop as CD79a and CD79b respectively. The CB3-1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD79b, which is expressed on surface Ig (sIg)-positive lymphocytes and B-cell lines but only in the cytoplasm of sIg-negative cells including most terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) positive early pre-B and all cytoplasmic µ positive pre-B cell lines. Antibodies to CD79b are helpful in delineating signal transduction pathways activated via antibody receptors during different stages of B-cell differentiation.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.