FITC Goat Anti-Mouse IgG/IgM
Clone Polyclonal (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name human adsorbed
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Goat Ig
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This antibody reacts with the heavy chains IgG and IgM and with light chains common to most mouse immunoglobulins.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Preparation and Storage
The polyclonal antibody was purified from antiserum by negative adsorption and affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
The polyclonal goat anti-mouse IgG + IgM antiserum was purified by immunoaffinity chromatography using antigen coupled to agarose beads. It contains minimal cross-reactivity to human, cow, and horse serum proteins. This reagent is effective as a secondary step using murine monoclonal antibodies having IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, IgG3 and IgM isotypes.