Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IgM
Clone II/41 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry, ELISA Capture (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Not reported
- Entrez Gene ID 16019
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The II/41 clone has been reported to react specifically with mouse IgM of Igh-C[a] and Igh-C[b] haplotypes. It has been reported not to react with other Ig isotypes. In addition, the II/41 clone has been reported not to stimulate B-cell proliferation.
This antibody is routinely tested by ELISA and flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
Flow cytometry: For flow cytometric detection of intracytoplasmic IgM, FITC anti-mouse IgM (clone II/41) (Cat. No. 553437) is recommended.
ELISA: For detection of mouse IgM by sandwich ELISA, this antibody may be used as the capture antibody at ~ 2 µg/ml coupled with biotin-conjugated rat anti-mouse IgM (clone R6-60.2) (Cat. No. 553406) and avidin-HRP (Cat. No. 554058) as the detection antibody. Purified mouse IgM (Cat. No. 553472) may be used as the ELISA standard.