PE-CF594 Rat Anti-Mouse CD25
Clone PC61 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain; IL-2RA; IL-2Rα; Il2ra; IL-2R p55
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat OFA, also known as Outbred OFA IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent cytolytic mouse T-cell clone B6.1
- Entrez Gene ID 16184
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The PC61 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD25, the low-affinity IL-2 Receptor α chain (IL-2Rα, p55) expressed on activated T and B lymphocytes from all mouse strains tested. IL-2Rα by itself is not a signaling receptor. However, it can combine with IL-2 Receptor β (CD122) and γc (CD132) chains to form high-affinity, signaling receptor complexes for IL-2. Resting T and B lymphocytes and resting and activated NK cells do not express IL-2Rα. CD25 is transiently expressed at a low level during normal B-cell development in the bone marrow on the CD45R/B220low TdT- sIg- Pre-B/Pre-B-II and CD45R/B220low TdT- sIgM+ sIgD- immature B stages, but not on the CD45R/B220low TdT+ sIg- Pro-B/Pre-B-I stage nor on CD45R/B220high TdT- sIgM+ sIgD+ mature B cells. It is expressed at a higher level during a very early stage of T-cell development in fetal and adult thymus. Peripheral CD25+CD4+ lymphocytes called regulatory T (Treg) cells are involved in the maintenance of self-tolerance. It has also been reported that dendritic cells express CD25, recognized by mAb 7D4. The PC61 antibody recognizes an epitope of CD25 which is distinct from the IL-2 binding site and from those recognized by mAbs 3C7 and 7D4. It blocks binding of IL-2 to CD25, presumably by inducing a conformational change in CD25.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red®. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red® yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red® (eg 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: email@example.com.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.