BV510 Rat Anti-Mouse CD25
Clone PC61 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain; IL-2RA; IL-2Rα; Il2ra; IL-2R p55
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat OFA, also known as Outbred OFA IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen IL-2-dependent cytolytic mouse T-cell clone B6.1
- Entrez Gene ID 16184
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The PC61 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD25, the low-affinity IL-2 Receptor α chain (IL-2Rα, p55) expressed on activated T and B lymphocytes from all mouse strains tested. IL-2Rα by itself is not a signaling receptor. However, it can combine with IL-2 Receptor β (CD122) and γc (CD132) chains to form high-affinity, signaling receptor complexes for IL-2. Resting T and B lymphocytes and resting and activated NK cells do not express IL-2Rα. CD25 is transiently expressed at a low level during normal B-cell development in the bone marrow on the CD45R/B220low TdT- sIg- Pre-B/Pre-B-II and CD45R/B220low TdT- sIgM+ sIgD- immature B stages, but not on the CD45R/B220low TdT+ sIg- Pro-B/Pre-B-I stage nor on CD45R/B220high TdT- sIgM+ sIgD+ mature B cells. It is expressed at a higher level during a very early stage of T-cell development in fetal and adult thymus. Peripheral CD25+CD4+ lymphocytes called regulatory T (Treg) cells are involved in the maintenance of self-tolerance. It has also been reported that dendritic cells express CD25, recognized by mAb 7D4. The PC61 antibody recognizes an epitope of CD25 which is distinct from the IL-2 binding site and from those recognized by mAbs 3C7 and 7D4. It blocks binding of IL-2 to CD25, presumably by inducing a conformational change in CD25.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 510 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349).