Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD90.2
Clone 53-2.1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Thy-1.2; T25; Thymus cell antigen 1, theta
- Concentration 62.5 µg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymus / Spleen
- Entrez Gene ID 21838
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, goat serum, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 53-2.1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD90.2 (Thy-1.2) alloantigen on thymocytes, most peripheral T lymphocytes, some intraepithelial T lymphocytes (IEL, DEC), epithelial cells, fibroblasts, neurons, hematopoietic stem cells, but not B lymphocytes, of most mouse strains. The 53-2.1 antibody has been reported not to crossreact with Thy-1.1 (e.g., AKR/J, PL), or with rat Thy-1. CD90 is a glycophosphatidylinositol-anchored membrane glycoprotein of the Ig superfamily that is involved in signal transduction. In addition, there is evidence that CD90 mediates adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma. The 53-2.1 antibody has been reported to block the binding of the Rat Anti-Mouse CD90.2 antibody (Clone 30-H12) to immobilized thymocyte membranes.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- This antibody has been developed for the immunohistochemistry application. However, a routine immunohistochemistry test is not performed on every lot. Researchers are encouraged to titrate the reagent for optimal performance.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Immunohistochemistry: Clone 53-2.1 is recommended to test for immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections of mouse spleen or thymus. The isotype control recommended for use with this antibody is purified rat IgG2a (Cat. No. 559073). For optimal indirect immunohistochemical staining, the 53-2.1 antibody should be titrated (1:10 to 1:50 dilution) and visualized via a three step staining procedure in combination with biotinylated polyclonal anti-rat Ig (Cat.No. 559286) as the secondary antibody and streptavidin-HRP (Cat.No. 550946) together with the DAB detection system (Cat.No. 550880). More conveniently, the anti-rat Ig HRP detection kit (Cat. No. 551013) can be used which contains the biotinylated secondary antibody, the antibody diluent, Streptavidin-HRP and a DAB substrate for use in the staining procedure.