APC Mouse Anti-Human CD21
Clone B-ly4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CR2; Complement receptor type 2; C3DR; EBV-R; Epstein-Barr virus receptor
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon, Pig (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV B98
- Entrez Gene ID 1380
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B-ly4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD21, a 145 kDa glycosylated type I integral membrane protein. CD21 is a receptor for the C3d complement fragment and for Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). CD21 is expressed on mature B cells, follicular dendritic cells, and some epithelial cells. It is also weakly expressed on the subset of mature T cells and thymocytes. CD21 plays a role in B-cell activation and proliferation. It may also play a role in modulating the function of T cells in the immune response to infections by lymphotropic viruses. Recently, CD21 was found to be part of a large complex containing CD19, CD81, and possibly other molecules.
This clone also cross-reacts with a major subset of, but not all, peripheral blood CD20+ lymphocytes of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. A subset of CD3+ cells is also CD21+.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.