Alexa Fluor® 700 Rat anti-Mouse Ly-6G and Ly-6C
Clone RB6-8C5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly6c, Lymphocyte antigen 6C2; Lymphocyte antigen 6G, Ly6g, Gr-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Not Reported
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RB6-8C5 monoclonal antibody recognizes a common epitope on Ly-6G and Ly-6C, previously known as the myeloid differentiation antigen Gr-1. In the bone marrow, the level of antigen expression is directly correlated with granulocyte differentiation and maturation. The antigen is also expressed on the monocyte lineage in the bone marrow, but not on erythroid cells. In the periphery, RB6-8C5 antibody recognizes granulocytes (neutrophils and eosinophils) and monocytes. The RB6-8C5 antibody is a component of the "lineage cocktail" used in studies of hematopoietic cell lineages. The 1A8 antibody (Cat. No. 551461) specifically recognizes Ly-6G, but not Ly-6C.
Based on comparison of the staining patterns given by 1A8 versus RB6-8C5 antibodies on total blood leucocytes, it is evident that the 1A8 antibody stains the RB6-8C5-bright population, corresponding to Ly-6G-expressing granulocytes; whereas, the RB6-8C5-dim population is 1A8-negative and corresponds to Ly-6C-expressing lymphocytes and monocytes. Please refer to the Technical Data Sheets for Cat. No. 551459 and 553128 for more detailed information.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.