BV421 Mouse Anti-Human Neuropilin-1 (CD304)
Clone U21-1283 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Neuropilin; NRP; NP1; Blood dendritic cell antigen 4; BDCA-4; VEGF165R
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human Neuropilin-1
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The U21-1283 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes Neuropilin-1 (NRP1), also known as CD304, Blood dendritic cell antigen 4 (BDCA4), and Vascular endothelial cell growth factor 165 receptor (VEGF165R). CD304 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein involved in the development of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. It mediates the interaction, growth, survival, and migration of a variety of normal and tumor cells. CD304 is expressed on neurons, thymocytes, regulatory T cells, a subset of T follicular helper cells, dendritic cells, endothelial cells, and certain tumor cells. Neuropilin-1 has a very short cytoplasmic domain and interacts with various coreceptors to form ligand-binding, signal-transducing receptor complexes. CD304 complexes with Plexin-A family members to bind chemorepellent Class 3 Semaphorins and guide neuronal axon growth. It also functions as a coreceptor with VEGFR2/CD309 to stimulate angiogenesis in response to VEGF165. CD304 mediates the interactions between some T cells and dendritic cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).